2011年7月13日星期三

When to put in base training if you ride competitively throughout the year

I'm a 34 year old Australian cyclist who has been competing in road and criterium races for the last 3 years.Find everything you need to know about impact socket including causes,In addition to hydraulics fittings and microinverter, I race B grade at club level and usually C grade at the open level and have competed in races up to 150k. Over this time most of my training has consisted of approximately a 50/50 split between bunch rides and solo rides and I would average somewhere around 300-350k per week. In an effort to improve my racing I've recently read Joe Friel's training bible and have tried to adopt a more structured approach.

My question is given that in Australia,We specialize in providing syringe needle. it is possible to race virtually year round with crits over the summer and road mainly through Apr-Oct how do I apply the concept of a 4-5 month base/build period with little racing? I can understand in countries whereby the winter is so harsh that it is impossible to race but the summer crit season is one of the most enjoyable periods of the year for me.you will need to get an Cold Sore.

However, I would like to be more competitive in some of the road races held in the middle of the year. So, should I be foregoing a crit season to build a large base in summer given that base building is to be done at relatively low intensity? The other problem I've discovered is that the Friel program is really based on 1 or 2 major peaks a year whereas I guess I'm aiming just to be strong and consistent throughout a road season.buy chicken coop online.

My final question is regarding an off season. Since beginning racing I've had a short break of a couple of weeks around October and then launched back into training and then racing crits from around mid Nov onwards. Given that to me it seems to make sense to take advantage of the good weather over summer to get in as much riding as possible I'm a little bit reluctant to taper my training right back for a longer period to really only begin training in Jan-Feb if I was going to build towards a peak in the middle of the year.

Apologies if I sound a little confused but I guess I feel like if I'm to follow the Friel approach I'm going to have to radically change the way I go about my cycling and I think to some extent it would take away some of the things I enjoy most about the sport.

没有评论:

发表评论